The Clubhouse is one of the original structures on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, constructed in the same era as the Malaga Cove Plaza and the La Venta Inn. The Clubhouse opened in November, 1924.
During the ensuing years, modest modifications and updates have been made to the Clubhouse.
The membership approved a major $11M renovation and expansion in 2004. The exterior was modified to restore consistency with the Clubhouse's original Mediterranean style. An additional 8,600 square feet was added for a new Grand Banquet room, and the entire lower level was constructed to provide more space for members. The facility now provides sufficient room to accommodate special events and member activities simultaneously.
The Clubhouse interior was completely renovated in 2007 with the objective of retaining the historic perspective of the original design in an elegant and modern manner. Today, the Clubhouse provides a wide variety of rooms and options for member and community events, dining, and social activities. Complimenting this excellent facility are unsurpassed views of the coastline from Redondo Beach to Malibu, the city lights of Los Angeles, and the distant mountain ranges to the east.